Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks

I know, just what you want to read...some sappy blog about Thanksgiving. I really feel overwhelmed by the thought. This year Jordan and I have so much to be thankful for, and I think I could write for hours about all our happy blessings. Just last year we sat in the middle of what seemed like the most frustrating holiday season. We were on a break from fertility treatments, and watching everyone around us get pregnant. I told myself that if I ever did finally have a family, I wouldn't take ONE thing for granted. So on that note (with a nod to all my good buddies out there who still hope and dream for a family blessed by children too someday) here are a few things that I can genuinely say I'm thankful for this year, because I remember what life was like without them.

lack of sleep dirty diapers 2 am feedings baby crying inability to shower daily achy back spit up and drool getting peed on fading social life cranky husband no spare dollars irrational fears lack of space no more packing easy dirty laundry less me time romance slow down early to bed smelly formula shortest bathroom trips crusty boogers waking early messy house soiled blouses noisy car rides

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, I am thankful for your friendship, your great blog that just put a smile on my face, and the fact that watching you and your strength helps me to get through some days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how a little perspective can change EVERYTHING! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for our friendship and God's miracles this year. :) Love yall! xoxo

    ReplyDelete