Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

It's been a while since I posted about the other special mother in our lives. I wouldn't be a mother on Mother's day if it weren't for her! I'm talking about Rylin's birth mother, Tess of course! We are so happy that we have her around. We talk via text almost weekly and see her a couple times a month. She has even kept Rylin at our house several times (cloth diapers and all) so that Jordan and I could have a date night! Rylin is getting to the age where he recognizes people and it's been fun to see how he is learning who she is and even able to say something resembling her name. I think I mentioned before about the book I made for him on Shutterfly with the story of his family. He now brings it to me to read to him, so he can point out all the "characters" in the pictures I included. I pray every day that his adoption experience is one he will always see as filled with love. We are so grateful that our open adoption has been such a wonderful experience. Tess has been so supportive of us as Rylin's parents and I can't tell you how encouraging that is. I know that she cherishes getting to see him and watch him grow. We have great conversations when we get together and I love that we can be honest with one another about challenges or questions that come up regarding our unique family. We may live quite different lives, but what we have in common has grown us to be great friends. I am still overwhelmed daily to think about the magnitude of what she gave us...when this sweet boy wraps his arms around my neck and holds on tight, puckers his lips for a kiss, or looks up at me and says "mama" plain and clear. It's so hard to put into words. Sometimes I think my heart might explode! It makes me want to be a great mother, and I know she has entrusted me to be just that. So I'm happy to share this day with her because she deserves to be honored too. We love you Tess! Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

  1. your words covered me in chills. i know this love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at both of you!!! Beautiful! Rylin is one fortunate child surrounded by a wealth of love!

    :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete