Wednesday, April 27, 2011

18 Months Old

Where did my little baby go? Rylin is a full on toddler and in the last few months he has really seemed to grow up a lot. I can't believe its been so long since I could just swaddle him up! A few of the *fun* new things our big guy is doing...






~talking all the time! newest words include: "horse", "cracker", "thank you", "all done", "papa", "shoes". My favorites are "hottie" (hot), "welby" (Shelby), and "jush" (paci)





~signs "more", "please", "eat", and "all done"...thanks to Attie! He's a good teacher!







~points to get something he wants or show you something he likes.







~can identify most of his facial features and his belly button by pointing. His favorite is tongue!







~mimics everything! Last week put his hands on his face when Aunt Candy was telling a story and did the same at an embarrassing part. We laughed and laughed!





~sprints everywhere! No more walking...he loves to run and gets around like a track star!






~dances when he hears music or if you start humming or singing. He definitely has some rhythm!





~still loves to give hugs and kisses to everyone. He is such a sweetie and I hope it doesn't change any time soon! Melts my heart when he leans over, puckers his lips, and says "muwa!"





~likes to be outside all the time. His favorite things are collecting sticks and hiding in the bushes in our front yard. This boy would stay outside all day if I let him.





~has figured out how to truly ride on his ride-along toys. Duke beware! Spends a lot of time in his woody wagon.





~likes to pretend with play food. Last week he prepared me a mouth watering wooden cucumber slice in a Starbucks lid. I was so impressed...and of course, ate it quickly so he'd make me more! Funny to watch his little mind work.







~Loves to watch Sesame Street videos except when Kermit comes on. He is too boring! All I have to say is "wanna watch Elmo" and he runs to sit in our living room chair. The quietest 30 minutes of my day!





~Eats like a lineman! Favorite foods include eggs, spaghetti, and anything sweet or sour. Last week he tried fried pickles (yum), and loved them! He got his first sucker at the Dr. yesterday and ate it with a huge grin on his face.





~climbs and jumps everywhere. I'm surprised he doesn't have more boo-boos. The sofa has become his jungle gym and Duke, his trusty stud...he's even started calling him horse!



















Stats:


26lbs


34 3/4 inches long


85% for weight and height

No comments:

Post a Comment