Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We're Home!

I know that everyone has been waiting patiently, so here are a few quick pictures from the hospital of Rylin. I will post more later today. He is already changing so much.

45 minutes old and very alert



We spent some time yesterday at the hospital with T, who I will now just call Tess since most of you probably noticed my delirious "slip up" in the last post. (She told me it was fine to use her name on the blog) We were able to be there for Rylin's discharge to get all the necessary information, and then Tess and her mom took him home to her house around 4pm. We had to wait all afternoon, and our parents showed up around 7:30pm. Finally, around 10pm, the girls from our agency arrived with our paperwork and we made it back over to Tess's house at 11pm. The entrustment ceremony was short, but very special and we were so glad that we were able to tape it so that Rylin can one day watch it (when he knows whats going on!) We made it back home around midnight, and we were all pretty worn out. Jordan changed his first diaper but somehow I was the one who managed to get peed on! You could say I didn't sleep much last night because I kept wanting to check on him in the bassinet. Jordan got up and fed him at 4:30, and then MiMi got her first snuggle time around 7:00. We are so excited to be home and Jordan and I are still in shock that we are officially parents! Rylin is so far a very good baby (not saying a lot for 2 1/2 days old!) He likes to snuggle and is very alert when he is awake. He has a high pitched little squeal that is pretty cute, long feet and fingers, and soft black hair on the back of his head. He is not a little baby, and has a double chin with a dimple right in the middle! Pretty sure he already has us wrapped around his finger! I will post later today with some pictures from last night. Thanks again to all of you who have prayed and encouraged us. We feel so blessed right now that I couldn't even begin to explain our joy!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update! I wasn't being very patient at all. :) It took all my self-control NOT to call your mom. Praying that you all can recuperate and enjoy this special time.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Can't wait to see him. I was thinking and praying for you guys all day yesterday. I'm glad everything went well. Jennifer Wines

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's a beautiful boy. so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried so hard not to call during your time with your new baby and I have to say it's been much easier to do with your blog being updated. :) I'll call you in a day or so when things calm just a little bit more. :) So happy for yall I could just cry. (and I do!) :) Cutest baby ever, can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! and I have to agree that so many times I kept thinking well maybe just even a quick text but I managed to hold off lol. I simply cannot wait to meet him :)

    ~Jen S

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious bundle! Congratulations and enjoy the ride, bumps and all!!

    Jessica K

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little guy!! Can't wait to have a play date with all the babies. So happy for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine..." So the blessings continue and the adventure begins... We are so incredibly excited for you guys and can't wait to see you Thanksgiving! Jordan...welcome to the sleepless nights club!!! Cheryl & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations one more time. We are so happy for you all. What a fantastic time for all of you. He is a real doll. God Bless and we will continue to pray for all.
    Greg and Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting us play a small part in your amazing adventure. Your mom did a great job on
    the baby shower. But dont think that gets you off the hook as soon as all is rested we expect you guys to make a trip south. God does work in
    mysterious ways. To think that God had Rylin picked out for you two as well as you two picked out for Rylin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is beautiful! Let us know when you guys are ready for visitors. Aubrey was so upset she did not get to go to the baby shower -- she picked out all her own gifts for baby Rylin. Keep us posted!! I will bring Magdalene as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rylin is precious! Thanks for the update and pics. Can't wait to welcome him in person.
    Mary Alice & Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home, Rylin! He is precious - and we can't wait to see him:) Enjoy these moments and hope you are getting some sleep!!

    Becky, Brett and Natalie

    ReplyDelete