Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rylin at 2 and Almost One Half


As I said before. THIS guy is due a big update! I can't believe that he will be 2 1/2 in just a month! He has changed so much in the last few months and so I can't deny that he is getting older. He is Mr. Independent these days and pretty much refuses a high chair, sippy cup, or anything he deems "for baby". That is except the diapers! We are making progress in potty training though, and he has gone a few times on the actual toilet. This week I thought since it was Spring Break and I didn't have Atticus or Adelay that we would make some headway, but as you can see in the picture below, he was more interested in watching his boy parts while jumping on the sofa!


Or working on the computer AND watching TV.



Rylin LOVES to be outside and would rather dig for worms (he calls them all "Slimy" like Oscar the Grouch's worm) or tearing up leaves than color with sidewalk chalk. He wants to swing high and fast and "one more time" when I tell him Mommy's tired.




He LOVES the camera when he can see himself. I can turn the web cam on and he will preform all kinds of silly made up songs. He sings all the time now. His favorite songs are "Jesus Loves Me", "ABC's", "The Cookie Monster Song", and "Itsy Bitsy Spider". I can't even sing to him at bed anymore because he sings all my lullaby's with me!


A few months ago I dramatically changed my diet in an effort to be healthy and loose some weight. Part of this change was eliminating grain and potato carbs. It has been easier than I thought and I feel great at almost 25lbs lighter! A side effect has been how I feed Rylin. Since I started cooking without the extra carbs, he has started eating much healthier himself. Now instead of crackers or breakfast bars, he asks for fruit, eats most vegetables, and enjoys snacking on nuts and beef jerky. He still loves his green smoothies too!



He LOVES playing with the big kids. If there are older kids around, he always tries to be a part of what they are doing. He loves his cousins, "Yuke" (Luke) and Mitchell (who he calls Emmie...don't get me started).



I love that at this stage I can understand what he is saying a lot more. We can have conversations and really communicate! He likes to tell you to "sit down", "one more", "not yet", "yeah", "O.K.". He is still pretty hard to understand, but when you're around him like I am, you start to pick up on his language. Some of his funnies are..."Titty" for Candy (my cousin), "Dukers" for Duke because that's what we sometimes call him, "puck" for cup, "Hesus" for Jesus, "Bees" for fruity bunny candy, and "shickens" for chickens...which will be my next post:)



I love this little man so much and I tell him every day that I don't know what I'd do without him! He is a handful, but so much fun and so affectionate. He's gonna break hearts!


No comments:

Post a Comment