Monday, March 7, 2011

Adoption Blogger Playdate

Today, Rylin and I got the pleasure of meeting some friends that I feel like I've known for a while. Melodie has a blog that my other friend Allison introduced me to when Jordan and I were considering adoption. When I first started reading, she and her husband had just adopted their oldest son Holden, and just two months before Rylin was born, they brought home their second son Paxton. I have enjoyed following their story and been encouraged by reading about someone I have a lot in common with who has a family like my own. These two boys are soooo cute, and Melodie's blog is always inspiring and entertaining, so I don't know why it took us this long to get together! We had intended to meet at a park half way between us, but because of the cool weather and lack of playground, we ended up at a nearby Chick-fil-a. The boys had fun playing in the indoor play place and Melodie and I got to talk adoption among other things...all between "no-no's" and squeals! (Good to know someone else's boys are active too!) She was able to snap a pic of all three which I snagged since mine didn't turn out so well. They didn't sit still for long!




So glad that we found each other and I know we'll be hanging out again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment