Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fun Weekend

We had quite the busy weekend that started with the arrival of my good buddy Nicole. Nicole and I met in college and lived together for several years. She quickly became one of my best friends and was the maid of honor in my wedding. Not long after she herself graduated college and got married, she moved to Boston. Jordan and I got to visit she and her husband Kyle but were happy when they decided to move a little closer to St. Louis. A couple of summers ago, we made a vacation trip to meet them in California, where her parents were living at the time, but other than that we haven't gotten to visit a lot in person over the last several years. Nicole has been following the blog and I follow her's, but it just isn't the same. So we were super excited when she said she was coming to meet Rylin. We had an emotional reunion at the airport and then set off for some Mexican food! Nicole is one of those great easy going friends and Jordan says she has one of the best laughs...and laugh we did! By Saturday I had pretty much lost my voice from all the talking and catching up we did! Her Dad, Rocky came up from Houston and took us to dinner and Rylin entertained us with his new found high pitch squeal and gummy grin! I was sad to see her go on Sunday morning, but so happy that she could come for even a couple of days.





Sunday morning, we dedicated Rylin at church. He did quite well at containing his squeals during the service and even smiled a little. Afterwards we had some family and friends over for lunch to celebrate our finalization and dedication. We are so blessed by everyone who has prayed and supported us through this venture, and we can never express how appreciative we are of the friends and family we have!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I sure wish we could have been there.

    ReplyDelete