Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Profile Overload

We are now in what I will label, Profile Overload. The next big step is turning in the rough draft of our one page (front and back) profile that the birthmother's will look at. I have to admit that at the seminar, we were shown several examples...and to be honest...I was less than impressed with their creativity. I basically told Jordan that we had this part "in the bag". However, I quickly learned, that what went on the page (besides the cute paper and embellishments) was a lot harder than what I had anticipated, and it got me thinking that it might be why the actual aesthetics weren't exactly perfect on those examples.

Imagine this...you need to acknowledge the sacrifice and unselfishness of the birthmother without seeming like a creepy stalker couple who wants to take her baby, describe who each spouse is...personality, likes, education, job, family history....how the two of you met, what you like to do together, if you have any pets (their personality...ha! not really), how you got to adoption, what you want for the future, how a child fits into that...and did I mention, fit it in no smaller than 12pt type on one page! My brain has run out of places to put all of that information so how will I fit it on an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper?!! THEN, you need to fill the back of the page with pictures and captions that are a reflection of who you are (the good parts). Ahhh! After sorting through the mountains of jpgs on my computer hard drive and Shutterfly, I about had a nervous breakdown.


"That one Jordan looks mad"

"That one my hair is messed up"


"That one looks too old""That one we look too young"

"That one could be misconstrued"

....and the personal critiques never end!

So I may have the graphics looking like a brochure for a Mercedes Benz, but I still have a lot of work to do on the important stuff. I'm beginning to feel like we're filling out our eHarmony profile!

BTW...if you have any great pictures of Jordan and I...preferably doing something that portrays our personality(scary)...send them my way!

3 comments:

  1. we could stage a photo shoot... "Jordan and Angela walk the dog", "Jordan refuels Angela's car on the side of 75 during rush hour traffic", or maybe "Granny reenacts her birth story on the dining room table"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should put the mexican misconstrued pic on there. It shows your open to other cultures and that you like music and facial hair. :) If I were a birth mother I would pick y'all just for that pic alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the *too young * photo! I think it's great!
    But where is Duke in the photo?

    Donna

    ReplyDelete