Monday, November 29, 2010

Active is an understatement


I am literally wiped as I type this. It seems that in the last two weeks Rylin has gone into hyper drive. This boy doesn't stop! He is constantly moving and getting in to EVERYTHING. He has figured out how to crawl onto the bed, sofa, fireplace, entertainment center, and open drawers and get in or use them to reach on top of things. He runs like a sprinter (especially with items he's not supposed to have in his hands...i.e. oreos, leaves, my phone, the remote), grabs at anything within reach...cords, outlets, books on shelves, table top accessories, opens all doors, drawers, boxes, bangs on all surfaces, drags what he can't pick up, pulls down what he can't reach, and generally terrorizes all animate or inanimate objects in site. I hope it means he's going to be healthy and active...ha, ha. All that being said, we had quite the busy Thanksgiving holiday with family. Jordan instituted the "zone defense", which he forced all family members to comply with. Whoever's "zone" he fell within was instructed to keep him from danger or destruction. I think we had a few tired grandparents by the end of the weekend!

With all this new action has also come quite the personality. Rylin still loves giving out kisses (now with a "mua" sound added) and has started blowing them too! He is always hugging and kissing everyone and everything. Even the characters in books (including tractors), Duke or any dog he sees, the sofa, his toys...everything! He is repeating a lot of words now, but consistently says things like "hi", "hair", "hot", "duck"(duke), "Attie"(his buddy), "daddy", "momma", "cheese"(as in cheese for the camera), and today has been on a kick of "thank you". He also said "papa" this weekend, much to the dismay of Mimi! He loves dancing to music and stopping to do the Rylin shuffle (as we now call it) when he hears a commercial on TV that has a soundtrack he likes. He loves for me to read him books and will bring me his favorites (Peekaboo, Tractors, and Brown Bear). He hands me the book and then plops in my lap ready to turn the pages. He's also learning what different things are used for. Last week he grabbed my brush and started combing his hair (with the wrong end of course) and this week he has started holding the phone to his ear, putting on Jordan and my shoes, pointing the remote at the TV, and clicking on the computer mouse. Such a smart little boy...but oh so busy! He never ceases to keep us on our toes and smiling!
Getting into trouble

Who says grocery shopping is work?

loving on Duke

first Turkey Day dinner


Some wagon time with our friends...
Henry & Rylin
Attie and Rylin
making Attie do the work...

1 comment:

  1. Um, I think you have just described Carson too!! He has become a hyper/destructive BOY over the past month. It just amazed me how much energy he has. He used to be the layed back one, now I can't believe that I'm saying this but I think that Avery has taken that title :) We need to get Rylin and Carson together and let them wear each other out!!

    ReplyDelete