Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter In Leroy

As I mentioned from my post last year, Easter at my family is a BIG DEAL! I was excited that Rylin would be old enough to really enjoy it this year and that is exactly what he did. We headed down to Leroy on Saturday morning for a day of dying eggs, baking, and photography. I commented to my Mom how most of our friends were coloring eggs with their kids this year, which translated into about a one dozen carton. At our family we dye around 50-60 eggs every year! Everyone has to have one with their name on it of course. You don't want to know how many plastic eggs we have either. So while my nieces and nephews did more dying of the kitchen counter, I snapped a few shots of my own little project.










You may remember the infamous rainbow cake of last year. I decided I would make it's cousin...rainbow cupcakes. Turns out they are a lot more work, but equally beautiful! However, I might have made a small blunder by decorating them with colored coconut. I was informed that children are not fans of this and so their were definitely left overs. Oh well.



In a few weeks, my sweet little niece is graduating 8th grade. I can scarcely believe it. So she's traded in her sweet blond curls and frilly dresses for a pair of heels and a flat iron...but I still think she's cute;) At the request of my sister-in-law we documented this milestone with my cousin KK who's recent maturity baffles me as well. Two pretty girls inside and out.













The big crescendo of the weekend was Sunday of course. Even though I like to spend weeks strategizing the coordination of our family Easter outfits, I do realize that is not what it's all about. Easter is a reminder of what Christ did for me, a very unworthy recipient of his love and salvation. So on Sunday morning we joined the rest of our family for church. Being that it is so small they don't really have a nursery, Rylin got to sit in on the sermon (well most of it). The ants in his pants calmed down when the choir started singing and we actually got to enjoy the musical part of the service. Jordan says he can't wait until Rylin's old enough so he can squeeze his knee when he moves in church...the same way his dad did to him!




After church we headed back to my parents for a big lunch of brisket, chicken, deviled eggs, potato salad, and every other home cooked side you could imagine! The Easter egg hunt got under way soon after and Rylin got to find out what it meant to clean up the yard(like we clean up his giant Lego's). He was much more interested in seeing what was inside the eggs instead of searching for more of them.











Jordan's egg fell victim to an old brother-in-law trick. Needless to say, he didn't fish it out of the horse manure and ants to eat it.





It was an exhausting day chasing Rylin around. He is one more busy boy and in to everything. With so many people there was plenty of bad distractions and random items laying around for him to kidnap. Once outside, he would make a B line for the horses. So you can imagine that around late afternoon, Jordan and I were feeling beat. I decided it was time to contain him and put him in his booster seat for a snack. A few minutes later, my Dad called me back into the kitchen to find this...



Pretty much summed up our day!


Check out the rest of our pictures from Easter on my Family Photo Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment