Monday, April 19, 2010

A Little Family Vacation

Three years ago my parents decided that instead of giving us money for Christmas, they would pay for a little family vacation weekend. It has proved to be a little crazy, but a lot of fun. This year was no exception with the addition of another grandchild. We set off on Friday for Cedar Creek Lake, where my parents had rented a cabin for the thirteen of us (grandparents, both my brothers families and us). The house was really nice (and big) and was right on the lake. Each couple had their own room and the kids shared a bunk room. We spent the weekend fishing, hanging out in the hot tub, playing domino's, pool, horseshoes, and a creative family game of "guess who's nose" thought of by yours truly.



My brother Richie and my niece Emily


My brother David and nephews Mitchell & Luke
excited about our big catch...54 keepers!

hanging out on the deck

Wiped out after a long day
All the grandkids
Luke and Emily showing Rylin the Nintendo DS
(a major source of disagreement between the grandkids though you couldn't tell from this picture!)

1 comment:

  1. These are great pictures! Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete