Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tupelo Tree or Poop-elo Tree?

Still no news on our application from the agency. I even emailed our contact this week (to see if they got everything), but didn't get any clear answer of when we might hear something about setting up our interviews. So, I've been trying to keep myself preoccupied with other things.

I finally managed to clean out the room that we are going to make into the nursery. Up until now, it has served as our guest bedroom (which the office will now double as), and also held a bunch of junk in the closet. When we first bought our house, I painted it a wonderful green. Tupelo Tree to be exact. Now, if you know me at all, you know that my decorating style is pretty modern, and I LOVE color. Green is my favorite. I am not afraid of paint because my theory is, if you hate it, paint over it. When I bought the paint, my parents were up helping us with our move-in remodel. The look on my mother's face was priceless when she started slapping Tupelo Tree on the walls. "What did you call this again, Angela? Because it looks like Poopelo Tree". Of course, it is no surprise that my mother's taste and mine are a bit different, but baby poop?! I was offended, and when I told her it would eventually become the nursery, her reply was even more appalling..."no grandchild of mine will have to endure this color!"

As a girl who loves art and who worked 5 years for a degree in Interior Design, I must say that planning a nursery was definitely one of the most exciting parts of imagining our life with kids. I have decided to go completely retro-mod, and sorry Mom...Tupelo Tree is staying! I will continue to update with what's new in the room, but thought you should see the blank slate...or shall I say, green slate, and judge for yourself.


3 comments:

  1. Ha! That's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see updated pictures, as I have just painted our nursery this color but I'm not sure where I'm going with it yet-we don't know if we're having a boy or girl. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an older post. Click on the "nursery" label under the text to see updated posts showing pics of the room.

    ReplyDelete